Basketball Couples in India is a surprisingly long list. Here is a list of all married basketball couples in India from different parts of the country.
- Prashanti Singh & Trideep Rai
- Both are highly respected international basketball players from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Prashanti Singh is the only Indian basketball player (male or female) to be conferred both the Arjuna Award & Padma Shri
- Jayasankar Menon & Prasanna Jayasankar
- Another celebrated international basketball couple originally hailing from Kerala
- Sruthi Menon & Arvind Arumugam
- Both internationals. Sruthi is a Keralite who grew up in Pune, Maharashtra, while Arvind Arumugam hails from Karnataka
- Stephy Nixon & Eudrick Pereira
- Narender Grewal & Sneha Rajguru
- Poojamol & Sreerag N Nair
- K Muralinath & Shaila Muralinath
- Gurvinder Singh Gill & Aakarshan Sandhu
- Reginald Rajan & Nivedita Rajan
- Considered Karnataka’s first basketball couple, Reginald Rajan was a long-time international player and even captained the India team. Mrs Nivedita meanwhile represented the State team.
- Himanshu Sharma & Monika Vats
- Theirs is the featured image of this post!
- Mohit Bhandari & Poonam Goswami
- Raspreet Sidhu & Brahmaditya Pawar
- Hareesh & Anu Koroth
- Akanksha Singh & Nityn Bulchandani
- Shiv Khoiwal & Sneha Tiwari
- Raja & Shylaja
- Charles & Sumalatha
- Azaria & Durga Prabhakar
- Zachariah Thomas & Jeena Zachariah
- Shahid Qureshi & Vaishali Pandit
- Sunitha & L Suren
- Aravind Annadurai & Aishwarya Adka
- Vidhya & Shivakumar
- Murali Krishna & Bincy
- Anoop & Natasha
- Suryashekar & Pratibha Kumar
- Sunil Rathee & Sonika Ohlyan
- Sakshi & Vinay Sheoran
- Peter John & Renjini
- Jinoj & Gowri Nair
- Both have represented Kerala State Team
- Dharminder & Paulomi Lakhanpal
- Both are players from Gujarat and their daughter Naomi is a basketball player too (h/t Kevin Somani)
*Important Disclaimer* regarding this Basketball Couples List
The above list is not in any particular order of age seniority. But yes, an attempt has been made to list international players first! Feel free to highlight other Indian Basketball Couples who may have been missed out via the comments section, by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the Ekalavyas Instagram page and using the #DesiBallersCouples hashtag.
If you’ve come this far…
Appeal to our readers: Ekalavyas is India’s first and only basketball media company. We are not foreign-funded, nor investor-backed. Your support and encouragement have got us this far. We now need your financial assistance to ensure we can keep providing you timely, accurate and important information. Please contribute via https://www.instamojo.com/@ekalavyas 🙏🏾. We are accepting contributions as low as Rs. 9/- (excluding a small processing fee charged by the payment gateway provider). Thank you for playing a part in keeping media independent and objective!
Ekalavyas now on Clubhouse! Join us for live audio conversations by following the ‘Sports India Basketball‘ Club.
Ekalavyas now on Telegram! Stay up-to-date on all the breaking news around Indian Basketball, by subscribing to the EkBallIndia Telegram Channel.