Pune, 1st October 2017: Mumbai South West boys and Nagpur girls were crowned champions of the 44th Maharashtra State Inter-District Sub-Junior Basketball Championship. The tournament was held at Shiv Chattrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi, Pune from 27th September – 30th September 2017.
A total of 30 teams in boys and 21 teams in girls participated in this championship.
In the boys division, Mumbai South West captured the title after defeating Mumbai North 66-30 with Qureshi Shakib top scoring for Mumbai South West with 14 points.
In the girls division, Nagpur defeated Pune 46-43 in a closely fought game. Shomira Bidaye was the top scorer for Nagpur with 23 points.
A cash prize worth Rs 1,10,000 /- and trophies were distributed to the top 2 boys and girls teams.
The prizes were distributed by Corporator Mr Kiran Dagde. Mr Nilesh Gaiwal, Mr Krishnan Muthukumar. Mr Lalit Nahata, Mr Shatrughan Gokhale, Mr Jayant Deshmukh and Mr Sachin Gaiwal were also present at the event.
- Mumbai South West (Qureshi Shakib 14, Rehan Ansari 12) beat Mumbai North (Dev Premi 10, Mahesh Prajapati 10) 66-3
- Nagpur (Shomira Bidaye 23, Krupaee Sharma 9, Saee Deshmukh 8) beat Pune (Saanvi Gholap 16, Ashmi Vora 9, Ishani Narayanan 8) 46-43
- Mumbai South East (Adnan Khan 13) beat Satara (Yogesh Yadav 5) 50-17
- Mumbai North (Kaitlyn Machado 14) beat Satara (Siddhi Badapure 21) 60-43
- Mumbai South West (Rehan Ansari 13) beat Mumbai South West (Adnan Khan 9) 40-24
- Mumbai North (Mahesh Prajapati 12) beat Satara (Saif Maner 10) 45-40
- Nagpur (Shomira Bidaye 8) beat Satara (Siddhi Badapure 21) 46-45
- Pune (Saanvi Gholap 16 pts) beat Mumbai North (Danica Pereira 10) 52-27
- Mumbai North (Mahesh Prajapati 14 pts, Dev Premi 6 pts) beat Pune (Ayush Singh 5 pts) 28-24
- Mumbai South East (Adnan Khan 16, Faraz Shaikh 9 pts) beat Solapur (Susmit Borala 8 pts) 48-19
- Nagpur (Shomira Bidaye 8 pts, Rasika Jalekar 6 pts) beat Mumbai Central (P S Priyadarshani 9 pts) 37-18
- Pune (Ishani Srinivasan 8 pts, Saanvi Gholap 6 pts) beat Dhule (Bhakti Lahamoe 4 ) 34-6