- FIBA authorized 3×3 Pro Basketball League in India tentatively announced for 2018.
- As a lead up to this League, a special showcase event called ‘3×3 Road to Mexico’ will be held this September at the Ambience Mall, Gurugram.
- The organizer of these marquee events will be YKBK Enterprise Pvt Ltd, which has the exclusive rights from International Basketball Federation (FIBA) to create and implement a 3×3 Professional Basketball League in the Indian Sub-Continent.
- 12 international and domestic teams have been invited to participate in ‘3×3 Road to Mexico’, including reigning FIBA 3×3 World Tour Final runners up Hamamatsu (Japan).Prominent Indian teams that have been invited include national powerhouse clubs ONGC, IOB, Railways and Services.
- Apart from cash prizes to the finalists, the winning team at the ‘3×3 Road to Mexico’ will receive an all expenses paid trip to the FIBA 3×3 World Tour – Mexico City from 30th September to 1st October 2017.
New Delhi, 19th August 2017: In an exciting and path breaking development, the launch of a 3×3 Pro Basketball League in India was announced at a press conference today at the Taj Mahal Hotel on Mansingh Road in New Delhi.
The dignitaries present at the press conference included Mr. Robert Reiblinger (FIBA 3×3 Development
Manager), Mr. Yoshiya Katoh (YKBK Enterprise Pvt. Ltd. – Chairman), Mr. Rohit Bakshi (YKBK Enterprise Pvt. Ltd. – CEO), Ms. Neha Dhupia (Bollywood Film Actress), Mr. Jyoti Jindal (Jindal PreFab – Managing Director), Mr. Jitender Yadav (Pragati Infra Solutions Pvt. Ltd. – CEO & Founding Director).
While the League is tentatively scheduled for next year, a special two-day 3×3 showcase event called the ‘3×3 Road to Mexico’ will be conducted on 16th & 17th September at the Ambience Mall, Gurugram.
Six international and six leading Indian club teams have been invited to participate. The international teams include Hamamatsu, Alborada, Yokohama (all three are city based teams from Japan), the Malaysian National Team, Sri Lanka President’s Team and a side from Maldives.
Indian teams invited to participate are the top club sides ONGC, IOB, Railways, Services, Ludhiana Basketball Academy and Vijaya Bank.
“3×3 is not only FIBA’s second official discipline and will be played in Tokyo 2020 at the Olympics, it moreover is the number 1 urban team sports in the world. Therefore, India with its plenty of metropolitan areas has a sheer unlimited pool of athletes and talent to offer. Indian teams have had their fair share of success already in 3×3 on continental national team level and Indian players raised some eyebrows on global level when they pushed their team last year to the finals of FIBA’s 3×3 World Tour Final. FIBA is very excited to now have with this event as a direct World Tour Qualifier that will take India to the World stage again,” said Mr Reiblinger.
“We are excited to bring FIBA 3×3 Basketball to the Indian subcontinent and are committed to keep pushing this fast paced urban sport into many cities in the region. “3×3 Road to Mexico” will be a new opportunity for players, spectators and fans alike to get their first taste of 3×3 Pro Basketball League action. 3BL will create grassroots 3×3 basketball and will be building 3×3 basketball courts across Indian Subcontinent,” said Mr Katoh.
More information at: 3x3bl.com