The Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India (WBFI) in partnership with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) will be organising a 10-day Workshop on Wheelchair Basketball from 4 to 13 September 2015 at J N Indoor Stadium, Chennai.
The goal of the Workshop is to train the first set of classifiers, coaches, referees along with players for the long term development of the sport amongst the disability sector in India. It will thus have four classes as follows – Classifiers Course, Coaches Course, Referees Course and Workshop for Professional Players.
It is hoped that the training will go a long way in contributing to increasing the number of qualified coaches, referees and classifiers for wheelchair basketball in India. Mr. Jess Markt, an internationally renowned wheelchair basketball coach from USA will be conducting the series of training.
The schedule of the Workshop is as follows:
· 4 and 5 September 2015 – Classifiers Course
· 6 and 7 September 2015 – Coaches Course
· 8 and 9 September 2015 – Referees Course
· 10 to 13 September 2015 – Workshop for Players
While preference will be given to one candidate from each State / Union Territory for each of these courses, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
· For Classifier Course – Physiotherapists. Preference will be given for sports physiotherapists with experience in supporting sports persons with disabilities in improving their physical fitness.
· For Coaches Course – Basketball coaches or basketball players. Age should be 25 years or above.
· For Referees Course – Basketball Referees or Basketball Players. Age should be 25 years or above.
· For Workshop on Wheelchair Basketball – Experienced players. Preference will be given to the participants from the 1st National Wheelchair Basketball Championship.
Interested candidates should apply before close of work on 10th August 2015.
About WBFI: WBFI is a registered national body whose main objective is to promote the sport of wheelchair basketball in the country. Established in 2014, it has organised workshops in Delhi, Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu reaching out to more than 250 persons with physical impairment.
Contact: Ms. P. Madhavi Latha, President -+91-9841609601, Ms Kalyani Rajaraman, Secretary General +91-9841098056; email@example.com. Website link: http://benedictg.wix.com/wcbb