Day 2 saw the two defending champions from last year IOB, Chennai (men) and Southern Railways (women) take to the court and win their respective matches. IOB absolutely decimated their opponents Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Punjab, winning by a mammoth 40 point margin. In the only other men’s match of the day, Cochin Customs registered their second straight victory against Indian Army, New Delhi.
The second day witnessed a lot of ladies action, featuring three women’s games. Western Railway subjected Kerala Police to yet another loss, and in the process, helped themselves to a back to back win. They were joined by the equally successful Southeast Central Railway, which beat fellow Railway team, Southwestern Railway 64-42. Finally, the virtually unbeatable Southern Railway team, containing international stars Anitha Paul Durai and Geethu Anna Jose, steamrolled Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) 54-26 en route to their first win of this tournament.
Results of matches played on 11/08/2013:
- IOB Chennai 85 (Siva Balan 24, Prasanna Venkatesh 22, Vineeth Revi Mathew 14) bt RCF Punjab 45 (Bijender KR 12, Sadab Khan 10, Harsh 8)
- Cochin Customs 66 (Basil Philip 23, Monish Wilson 14, Eudrick Periera 13) bt Indian Army 60 (Soumya Ranjan 16, Navneet Singh 12, Ramesh Kumar 10)
- Western Railways 62 (Lincy Joseph 17, Anamika 14, Sona M 12) bt Kerala Police 50 (Agnes Davis 15, Asha Abraham 10, Sonomol Soman 9)
- Southeast Central Railways 64 (M. Pushpa 22, Aakansha Singh 13, L. Deepa 13) bt Southwestern Railway 42 (Smitha K 17, Navaneetha 9, Nimisha K K 6, Savitha. L. S 6)
- Southern Railways 54 (Anitha Paul Durai 15, Neena Hareendran 15, Geethu Anna Jose 9) bt KSEB Kerala 26 (Rosmy Thomas 8, Ligy Mathew 4, Roja Mol G 4)