IOB Chennai will take on Customs and Central Excise, Kochi while Vijaya Bank, Bangalore will meet Indian Army in the Semi Finals of the 1st Midhun Markose TDBA All India Open Prize Money Basketball Tournament for Men And Women, Thiruvananthapuram.
In the women’s section, South Western Railway, Hubli confirmed their berth in the finals after remaining unbeaten in their league engagements in the four team round robin league. SWR defeated Central Railway, Mumbai 73-60 in their last league match and will now take on the winners of Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) and Central Railway, Mumbai in the Final. South Western Railway mounted a comeback after trailing 30-32 at half-time. For SWR, Drishya top scored with 29 points and Reshma contributed 17 points. For Central Railway, Renjusha Mathew was the top scorer with 12 points.
In a closely fought men’s Group B match, Indian Army from New Delhi topped their group as they scraped past Customs and Central Excise, Kochi 69-67. Abhishek top scored for Indian Army with 18 points and for Customs, Basil Philip scored 17.
In Group A, IOB, Chennai beat Vijaya Bank, Bangalore 68-61 in a casual encounter to emerge as the group toppers. Aravind was the top scorer with 14 points for IOB.
Earlier on Tuesday, in a late match in the men’s section, Customs and Central Excise, Kochi had an easy outing against Kerala State Electricity Board, winning 70-46.
Detailed League Round Scores
- South Western Railway, Hubli 73 (Drishya 29, Reshma G 17, Sumalatha 12 ) bt Central Railway Mumbai 60 (Renjusha Mathew 12, Sangeetha Mandal 11, Greesha Varghese 10)
- Customs Central Excise, Kochi 70 (Basil Philip 23, Nikhil KR 18, Monish Wilson 10) bt KSEB, Thiruvananthapuram 46 (Albin Baby 14)
- Indian Army 69 (Abhishek 18, Mayur 14, Gopal Ram 10) bt Customs and Central Excise, Kochi 61 (Basil Philip 17, Monish Wilson 13, Nikhil KR 12)
- IOB Chennai 68 (Aravind 14, Prasanth V 10) bt Vijaya Bank, Bangalore 61 (Srinivasa Gowda 9)
- KSEB, Thiruvananthapuram 68 (Albin Baby 28, Tony K Mathew 14) bt Mar Baslelios College of Engineering, Trivandrum 48 (Abhijith Vijayan 11)